Full-time Staff Position
Schedule: Beginning ASAP; ~40 hours/ week; Mon – Fri 9am-5pm; weekly schedule determined in alignment with AGCC’ s Executive Director/Staff/SPACD Coalition
Reports To: Executive Director
Salary: $48,000 – $52,000, plus health benefits and 403b base and match
The San Pedro Arts and Cultural District (SPACD) received California state designation in 2017. The District features 90 diverse cultural assets, 48 galleries/artist studios, 35 supporting organizations, more than 100 individual artists and six performing arts venues. The SPACD Coalition is comprised of five primary organizations, Angels Gate Cultural Center, San Pedro Chamber of Commerce, San Pedro Waterfront Arts District, Cabrillo Marine Aquarium, and Grand Vision Foundation, with more partners to be onboarded through the rest of the year. Through funding recently awarded by the California Arts Council, the Coalition will be creating and expanding resources in the district through the following efforts: Wayfinding, Community Engagement Activities, Advocacy, Fund Development, and Outreach.
Angels Gate Cultural Center (AGCC) provides space for artists to work and engages community through arts education, exhibitions of contemporary art, and cultural events. AGCC provides (1) services to professional artists, (2) innovative public arts programming, including exhibitions of local, national and international artists, and (3) high-quality arts education for children and adults in the Los Angeles Harbor Region.
The Coalition Coordinator supports the SPACD Coalition in implementing projects as outlined in the Coalition’s Next Five Years report. Half of this position will be dedicated to the efforts of the coalition, the other half will work towards assisting AGCC’s Executive Director in management of organizational needs. This will include; administrative support, helping with events and community outreach as needed, engaging in creative visioning with the Coalition and AGCC staff, and ensuring implementation of correct processes and practices. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Passion for the Arts, desire to support an arts organization in multi-faceted ways
- Demonstrate skills and expertise in office organization and management
- Minimum 6 years administration/office experience required
- Experience in marketing and promotion
- Exceptional, professional communication skills
- Experience in event coordination and planning
- Demonstrated experience in and a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion: the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with various constituencies within AGCC’s diverse communities, internally and externally
- Adaptability, flexibility; the ability and desire to wear many hats
- Desire to become dedicated member of AGCC’s staff, including attending Professional Development opportunities andcompleting all other staff responsibilities
- A. preferred
- Spanish-speaking highly desired, not required
- Design/Marketing skills highly desired, not required
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
- Reporting to AGCC’s Executive Director, the Coalition Coordinator will liaise between local artists and organizations to implement goals of the SPACD Coalition.
- Build tools to manage and market the events of the Coalition.
- Draft, organize, and track contracts and reporting documents between local artists/organizations and the SPACD Coalition.
- Help with production of a large-scale event in the District.
- Advocate locally, regionally and state wide for arts.
- Collaborate with and assist Executive Director and AGCC staff as needed, on-site at
- Become a dedicated member of the AGCC team, working closely with all staff as
- Serve at the request of the Executive Director, performing duties not listed here as
To apply, send a cover letter and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. Deadline to apply is 7/11/2023.