Angels Gate Cultural Center brings art and culture to our communities through interactive classes, gallery exhibits of both local and international artists, professional artists’ studios, art education programs in the schools, and cultural events. We are growing and evolving and need another team member to complete our team.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the successful candidate will collaborate with the Executive Director to play a key role in ensuring the smooth day to day operations of the organization.
Primary responsibilities include scheduling, screening correspondence, general administrative and development support, meeting preparation, record keeping, and marketing.
The 11 buildings at Angels Gate were originally pre-WWII barracks at Ft. McArthur, a costal defense artillery site overlooking one of the most spectacular vistas on the California coastline. In 1985, these barracks were converted to artists’ studios, which are now rented to 50 artists for well below market rates.
It is a sanctuary for artists, but also has a vigorous public face through our education programs. We hold a leadership position in the extensive San Pedro, CA arts community.
Angels Gate is governed by a committed and supportive board, many of whose members are artists, ranging from local to internationally known.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate is looking for a work family. We have lots of hard work that needs to be done, and many collaborators to help.
Responsibilities and accountabilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Support Executive Director with a number of administrative tasks including phone and visitor screening, calendar management, appointment scheduling, and arranging travel
- Assist in preparation of board meeting materials and reports
- Provide support to Board of Directors, as requested
- Assistance with Board and donor meeting planning
- Manage and organization of files, answer phones, walk in inquiries, maintain calendar and other office duties as required.
- Conduct donor and grant research (individual, foundation, corporate, government)
- Assist in drafting and submitting foundation Letters of Intent, proposals, and reports
- Track, enter, and maintain relevant donor information in donor database
- Manage, track, and send donor related correspondence, including gift acknowledgements
- Assist preparation of reports on development activities
- Assist in planning, marketing and executing all annual and special events
- Serve as agency lead in developing and monitoring annual grants and corporate sponsorships calendar
- Demonstrated ability to handle conflicting needs and execute independent decision-making
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Social media marketing background a plus
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Minimum BA or relevant work experience
- At least 3 years prior experience in an administrative/office setting, with non-profit experience strongly preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
This position offers the unusual opportunity to take over a mature program but then enhance it, giving it greater scope and depth, while giving the Executive Director the opportunity to focus on other initiatives.
The compensation for this position will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s background, but in the context of the economic world of small arts non-profits.
TO APPLY: Email letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.