Curatorial Call for Art Exhibitions
Angels Gate Cultural Center (AGCC) is currently seeking curatorial proposals for art exhibitions in 2021 and 2022. Proposals are due by 11:59pm on April 19th, 2020.
AGCC is requesting exhibition proposals with unique curatorial perspectives and approaches that are interested in investigating contemporary culture through a diverse array of artistic practices, aesthetic sensibilities, experimentation, and innovation. Topics that examine new ideas and current developments surrounding notions of community, the marginalized, public social engagement, and outreach are among those encouraged.
Special consideration will be given to proposals that demonstrate a strong understanding of how AGCC’s location within the Port and diverse communities of San Pedro relate to and are a part of Los Angeles.
- Up to 3,000 square feet of exhibition space
- Exhibition budget ranging from $500 – $2,000
- Curatorial stipend ranging from $500 – $2,000 depending on the scope of work and curatorial experience
- Staff support with installation, publicity, marketing, programming
- Exhibitions will run for 5 – 12 weeks with an additional 2-week installation period
We are seeking:
- Curatorial proposals from both established and emerging curators
- Proposals that are conceptually rigorous and focus on artists, projects, and themes that are innovative, challenging, and engaging
- Proposals that are aligned with the mission of AGCC as a nonprofit, community-service oriented cultural center
- Ideas or topics that are not well-represented in the commercial sector
- Proposals that are in conversation with the discourse in contemporary art
- Extra consideration will be given to proposals that demonstrate understanding of AGCC and engage the communities in which we exist
To apply, please download the instructions and submit the required form:
For additional questions, please call the center at 310.519.0936 or email firstname.lastname@example.org