Arts Education Advocacy
At Angels Gate Cultural Center, we believe that every child should have access to a well-rounded education that includes the arts. In addition to our local programming to provide arts education to our students, we are working with partners in San Pedro, Los Angeles, and beyond toward measures that will ensure that the arts are part of standard K-12 school curriculum, with the proper funding and resources.
In 2018, Angels Gate participated in a number of arts education advocacy efforts, attending:
- LA County Arts Commission Arts Ed Collective’s Innovation Lab
- California STEAM Symposium
We are also a proud supporter of CREATE CA’s Arts Education Public Will Campaign, which kicked off at their 2018 Statewide Arts Education Convening: Boldly Create our Future. Through CREATE CA, Angels Gate is part of a statewide network of organizations, communities, and leaders who are uniting to demand that the arts are part of every student’s education.
We don’t need to convince you of the impact of arts education, but many people across California do. If we’re hoping to reach every student in California, it’s going to take all of us.
Through Create CA, we’re…
- Elevating people and ideas that are transforming schools
- Developing outreach materials & practical resources that help you advocate more effectively
- Connecting people to work that’s already happening locally and regionally
- Mobilizing on statewide initiatives in arts education advocacy